Monday, January 3, 2011

Service Providers...

If you'd like to experience the best customer service, live in Japan, not Israel.  From the countries I have visited, Israel has the worst customer service I've experienced.   Now, I am not talking about restaurants or shopping, they are actually awesome.  I am referring to service providers, technicians  for washer and dryers, internet, cable, plumbers, carpenters, and the list continues.  One thing I've realized about Israel, they don't care about their jobs as much as other countries.  They also don't take pride in what they do.   They do a crappy job and it's half ***.  In all seriousness, they try to find the quickest and cheapest fix.  

A plumber, we have had multiple ones,  has been to our house literally 20 times in the past 2 months.  I won't talk about the previous times because it will take up too much of this post.   This is our most recent experience.   Right before we left for the states I found a leak in our bedroom.  A plumber came out within 4 hours and said there is a leak in your wall and floor.  We will have to come tomorrow to fix it.  He came and then decided to come two days later because he needed a carpenter.  Luckily, our awesome house sitter Sebastian took care of everything.  Three weeks later, this is what we come home too.

How the carpenter and plumber left the master bedroom

A close up shot.

The sad thing, our house sitter did take care of everything.  He got them to go this far in 3 weeks.  He also cleaned up their mess.  Well, put the mess in a pile which is better than having it dispersed around the master bedroom.   Sebastian said they were suppose to finish on Thursday but never showed.

Where do we stand now?  Scott and I have taken over the guest bedroom, Scott wrote a letter to the landlord, who from what I hear has also been on top of things but yet it doesn't seem like it, and if all else fails, they will receive a call from Effie Eitam.

5 comments:

  1. Medial thought...this is not good for Makai (not to mention Mom and Dad) to be breathing in the air from the exposed areas. They could harbor mold if it was wet for a period of time...mold will not show up so you can SEE it with the naked eye until much later. Watch for runny nose, wheezing, coughing etc. Keep him out of that room altogether. OMA,R.N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plumber is here again today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMA R.N. - you should have seen the AC filter in Scott's efficiency in college...he has high tolerance so Makai prob does too. Hope you guys resolve this soon.

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete