Thursday, July 7, 2011

Volunteer Work

Last week Makai and I decided to go with some buddies to clean a neighborhood park.   The park is next to our friend and Makai's sitter's house, Maya.  She invited us one morning and I thought it was a good idea to introduce Makai to community service.

When I saw this park I thought "wow, we have to actually clean which means I have to set a good example and work as well.  What did I agree too?  I can't sit on my butt and watch him play like most days."  There was bird poop all over the picnic tables, cat poop in the sand, trash all over the ground.  I was pretty grossed out.  There was no backing out now since we were there.  I even thought to myself, hopefully he will get cranky and tired and we will have to leave in the next 15 minutes.  NOPE!  Big Mak had a good time and did alot of work!

He didn't really like getting his hands wet and dirty and scrubbing bird poop.  Which was fine with me.  I didn't volunteer for that part.  Makai watched Daniel spray the sponge and start wiping the bench.
  
Makai thinking...

Then Makai had a brilliant idea.  He sprays while Daniel scrubs!  The little dude is thinking like his mom!!!

Makai says you clean, I spray.

See Daniel, you wipe the wet area.

After spraying one bench Makai went to raking duty.  We raked all the leaves, trash and cat poop into a pile. He had fun raking and when he noticed Daniel slacking he handed him the extra rake as to say get busy.

Raking...


Phew.  That was some hard work!

Check out my pile mom! 
Now i can stomp in leaves!


 Luckily for me he climbed into his pram after an hour making the sleep sign and we headed home.

1 comment: