We've been back in Israel for about 2 1/2 weeks and Big Mak is full of surprises. Not only can he say about 30 words now but he has given up ice cream and moved onto cheese. Unfortunately this isn't your run of the mill cheese shop, its a pricey french deli. And by pricey I spent $42 usd on cheese the other day. Big Mak is loving smelly, moldy, expensive cheese. You know the kind which you hold your nose to eat. He stands at the deli, points to the different cheese which he would like to try. I try a slice and think OMG that is pretty nasty and hand it over. He asks for more, then more, then more til I decide to buy a little bit. We get home and I hand him some of his smelly goat cheese, some crackers, and salami.
I have never shown him how to eat cheese and crackers but the little man ate it like he's been eating it his whole life. I was shocked. I stood back doing dishes and watched him gently lay the cheese on the cracker and add a slice of salami or a piece of fruit. I tried to take a photo but he refused.
When Scott came home from work he tried a piece. He could barely bite into it. He opened his mouth wanting something to spit into. And Makai took another slice and savored the flavor.

That's hilarious. He can eat all mine. I hate cheese!
ReplyDelete