Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Military Excersises

Yesterday, while Maks and I were out galavanting the streets of tel aviv enjoying a cappuccino, a chocolate rugalach, and yogurt with fruit and muesli, I receive a text from Scott.

"By the way, there was target practice in the skies today. There were joint military exercises where patriot missiles were shooting down drones."

I think about this for a minute and look around Dallal bakery.  No one seems to notice or even care.  So I decide we are going to head home to pick up the scooter and go for a ride.  See if I can catch anything on film.  First I call Scott...

"Hi, I just got your text.   Should I be worried?"

"hmmm, I don't know.  Itay's in the car with me.  We are going to get lunch. "

"Hi Itay."

"So, Relik told us he was involved in this exercise today."

"What do you mean by 'involved' as in he pushed a button and said shoot now?"

"I am not sure what he meant."

"Ok have fun at lunch.  Bye!"

This is the first time I felt Israeli.  You don't worry about what's happening.  You don't care.  You don't think about it.  You just go on with your day.  I think to myself, wow, if I can get something on film, this would make a fantastic story.  So I asked Makai,  "Makkie, would you like to go for a scooter ride on the beach and see if we can watch some military planes shoot down other planes?  "YESSS MOMMIEEEE! YESSSS!" And off we went from 12 pm to 5:30 pm.  Nothing exciting to report but a cool Elephant playground.





No comments:

Post a Comment