We were invited to the Tel Aviv Safari by an Israeli couple name Nir and Michal that we were introduced to by Kip and Dawn's friends Eli and Maz. They have two kids around the same age as Atom. So it's always a nice little outing each time we hang out.
The Safari is a combo safari/zoo right on the eastern edge of Tel Aviv in a town/neighborhood called Ramat Gan. It's a combo zoo and safari where one initially drives the car through the "wildlife" habitat, and then comes to a normal zoo. On the safari part of the visit, we saw hippos, rhinos, zebras, antelopes, ostriches, and other crazy looking animals. It was quite amazing not to see them in cages or behind any restrictions and to see these animals "freely" roaming around and being right in the midst of them. And many of them came right up against the car. There was an ostrich that poked it's head into people's car looking for food.
Quick aside here: I saw many cars doing this and so I'll just blatently generalize. The Israeli's tended not to follow the ban on feeding the animals. Many were throwing bread out like they were feeding pigeons. Hence the friendliness of the ostrich and other animals. I just hope none turn aggressive, especially the rhinos.
Anyways, Atom thought the ostrich was hilarious and laughed each time it it tried to poke it's head into our car. I kept the window up on that one. (There was also a rule to keep the windows up. And the Chamarro in the car didn't want to follow that rule either.) Crazy ostrich neck moved like it was a snake. Truely scary.
We'll have to make a trip to Botswana soon.
Here are some photos from the outing.
Quick aside here: I saw many cars doing this and so I'll just blatently generalize. The Israeli's tended not to follow the ban on feeding the animals. Many were throwing bread out like they were feeding pigeons. Hence the friendliness of the ostrich and other animals. I just hope none turn aggressive, especially the rhinos.
Anyways, Atom thought the ostrich was hilarious and laughed each time it it tried to poke it's head into our car. I kept the window up on that one. (There was also a rule to keep the windows up. And the Chamarro in the car didn't want to follow that rule either.) Crazy ostrich neck moved like it was a snake. Truely scary.
We'll have to make a trip to Botswana soon.
Here are some photos from the outing.




No comments:
Post a Comment